Sunday, June 19, 2011

Good guy finishes first


"He's humble when he needs to be humble, and he's confident when he needs to be confident."

That's what Jack Nicklaus had to say about new golf hero Rory McIlroy.

What's not to love about this kid? Awesome smile, freckles, loves his mom and dad, he even spent time in Haiti volunteering. Today he finished a stellar U.S. Open to win by 8 strokes, and set a record 16 under par.

Yea! I hope Rory's the new face of golf.

The last time I was this happy was when Zach Johnson won the Master's in 2007. I remember how irritated one of my old co-workers was when Zach won: "A Christian, from Iowa!" I couldn't tell which descriptive was worse to him.

Maybe the days of bad boys Greg Norman, Tiger Woods, and John Daly are finally behind us.

No comments: