Thursday, January 20, 2011

SnowMG!

I caught about 5 minutes of the breathless news folks in ugly snow hats telling me that 8 inches of snow had dumped on the St. Louis area overnight. That's when I turned the TV off and picked up my Mark Twain biography.

Fortunately, I don't work for some crazed megalomaniac (great word), who thinks whatever he/she is doing is so important that all employees need to follow his needless example and slog their way through this mess to push some paper around their respective desks.

Go home. You're not that important and neither is your boss. Besides, there are some great old movies on TMC today.

If you work for a good guy, yea for you! Enjoy the day!

Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she laid an asteroid.
Mark Twain


Related Post: News? Not So Much

No comments: