Saturday, June 12, 2010

A century!

This was a 5-star day! Our family is busy planning a 4th of July weekend birthday celebration for my grandmother who will be turning 100 years old. Yep, you read that right--100!!

One of my jobs for the party is to create a 100-year timeline of my grandmom's life. I drove down to her little town and spent all day with her. We went decade by decade, reviewing as much of grandmom's life as possible. I heard stories about her parents, her brothers and sisters, all the different homes she's lived in, how she and my granddad survived the depression, what she did during the war when he was drafted--leaving her with 3 small children...and on and on--all the way to 2010.

Making the day even better--my uncle was there for most of the time, too. This uncle is my mom's oldest brother who's married to my dad's sister. It was great to have Gary there to keep my grandmom honest and make sure she didn't embellish her stories too much.



We also went through hundreds of pictures. Here's some advice--label your photos for future generations.

I can hardly wait to put the timeline together. If I can figure out a way to do it, I'll post it online after the party.

3 comments:

Ed. Tritschler said...

Kathryn
If you do a slide show of the timeline you should be able to post it by first putting the slide show into your picture file.We were able to post our slide show for our 50TH anniversary on our blog.
What a legacy God has given your family and friends by blessing grandma with 100 years.
Ed

Kathryn said...

Thanks, Ed!

Jenn said...

Love it, Kathryn!!

Can't wait for the big party!!