Sunday, March 7, 2010




As you know, my friend Joey and I spent the last two beautiful Saturdays watching the 10 movies nominated for an Academy Award for best picture. Here's a recap of our ratings (possible +++++ rating):




Avatar
Kathryn +++ Joey rating +++1/2

Up
Kathryn ++++ Joey ++++1/2

A Serious Man
Kathryn ++++ Joey +++

Precious
Kathryn ++++ Joey ++++1/2

District 9
Kathryn +++ Joey 1/2 star

An Education

Kathryn ++++1/2 Joey ++++1/2

The Hurt Locker
Kathryn +++1/2 Joey +++1/2

Up in the Air
Joey ++++ Kathryn +++1/2

The Blindside
Kathryn ++++ Joey ++++

Inglorious Basterds
Kathryn ++++1/2 Joey ++++

Kathryn's favorite movies
Inglorious Basterds
An Education

Joey's favorite movies
An Education
Precious
Up

Kathryn's least favorite movies
Avatar
District 9 (although I like it better today than the day I saw it)

Joey's least favorite movies

District 9
A Serious Man

Some special awards:
Most up lifting: Up, The Blindside (tie)
Most depressing: Precious
Second most depressing: Up In The Air
Best looking actor since Cary Grant: George Clooney
Best ending to World War II: Inglorious Basterds
Most creative political statement: Avatar
Best movie I never heard anything about: An Education

2 comments:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

I was thinking about you and Joey tonight as I was watching the Oscars...After seeing more of these parts from the movies tonight, I want to spend 2 Saturdays at the movie theater, too!! :)