Monday, January 18, 2010

Book Report: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

I don't think my brain is wired the right way to read and enjoy Agatha Christie's whodunnits, like The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

This is a perfectly good mystery, and you might really love it. With my limited brain power, I had a hard time keeping track of the characters and who did what and what time they did it. Needless to say, tracking those details is important if you're trying to figure out who murdered poor Mr. Ackroyd.

Considered one of the best of its genre, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is on the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" list.

Here's a hint (or "clew" as Agatha Christie calls them): the butler did not do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Fl├╝ge New York said...

I enjoyed the book, but I have to confess, I didn't read it myself, but listened to an audio book. The murderer is really a big surprise and I had to listen to it a second time again after finishing it, to see if the the first-person narrator really told us everything. And it was true.
The book is worth being on the list. Agatha Christie was a Genius. The murderer more or less tells you in your face that he has been it, but you don't get it till the end.

Dorothy Rimson said...

Is it available on audio as well. I am surprised, i don't know.