Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2 days in Vancouver

We kicked off our vacation with two days in Vancouver. I've heard a lot of people say how nice Vancouver is, but I really didn't expect to love it as much as I did.

Day 1 we visited Stanley Park...named after Lord Stanley, who is the namesake of the much revered (at least in our house) Stanley Cup. Beautiful. The park itself feels very northwest with rocky beaches, wild rhododendrons, redwoods, cedars, bushy tailed squirrels, even totem poles.







Disaster nearly struck when I tripped over a curb and landed flat on my ---. My ankle swelled up to twice its normal size within minutes. But, being the vacation trooper that I am, I trudged on. Up and down hills, around bends, through the paths until we caught a shuttle bus to Granville Island.

[John took a picture of me right after the accident and when I was writhing in pain]


On Granville Island we went to a fabulous open market that had all sorts of fresh fruits and vegetables, jams and jellies, handmade jewelry and other native goods. We bought some oil of oregano from a native herbologist who said it would be good for my sore throat and cough if I put a couple of drops in my tea and drank it twice a day. Plus, she told me to rub it on my aforementioned ankle to help limit the swelling and help it heal faster.



We had lunch on Granville Island overlooking the sailboats. I drank tea with oil of oregano (very spicy) and rubbed it on my poor throbbing ankle. I think the oregano helped my sore throat and cough more than it worked on my ankle.


Day 2 we went for manicures and pedicures. We had sucker written all over us and were held hostage for a couple of hours getting every service that's legal in Canada. John still won't come clean about how much that all cost.


After we escaped, we checked out of our hotel and did some shopping. Vancouverans (Vancouverites? Vancouverinians?} are very stylish. St. Louisans could definitely pick up a fashion tip or two from these folks.










After buying some salmon and shipping it back home, we went to the pier and boarded our ship--the Pacific Princess. Here's the view from our balcony. Nice, huh?



More tomorrow.

2 comments:

lilabet said...

Is that one of those bushy tailed squirrels in Pic #2? Just teasing John!

Anonymous said...

молоденькие анальный онлайн http://free-3x.com/ малолеточки фото free-3x.com/ секс с молоденькими [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]