Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Even more food rules


I can't use condiment packages unless I'm the one who's picked them up at the fast food place. There's a whole pile of individual unopened packets of ketchups, mustards, soy sauces, bbq sauces, taco sauces at our office available for `communal' use, but I'd rather do without.

I'll skip dessert rather than reuse my dinner fork. If I have a spoon I'll use that, otherwise no dessert.

I HATE toast crumbs left on butter in a butter dish. I've actually thrown partially used sticks of butter away that are crumbed, washed the butter dish, and started over.

Soupy, saucy, runny foods have no place on a dinner plate with other items.

I can easily go through 3 or 4 napkins at any meal.

I always drink out of a straw at restaurants.

I HATE having my silverware sit on a bare table in a restaurant. Immediately upon sitting down I need two napkins--one for my lap, one for my silverware to rest on.

I never finish the coffee in a cup.

I have to put pepper on white foods: Potatoes, cole slaw, rice, etc.

And, finally {for now}, pass things to me left to right. Thank you.

Related Post: Food Issues Nearing Obsessions & Compulsions

P.S. To Sean & Wendy...does this mean you're not inviting me over?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, quite the contrary. I think we will incorporate your list into the dinner plan, prep & service - much like we would if we were having Queen Elizabeth over for a dinner party (we've only had the pleasure of hosting Prince Harry & he is simple to accomodate).