Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Book Report: Presumed Innocent

Presumed Innocent is the final book on my 2009 reading list in the Mystery/Suspense category. It took about 150 pages for me to really get involved in the story. Each of the main characters has major personality flaws, which made it hard for me to care a whole lot about what happened about them. Still the final 100 pages are as suspenseful and packed with twists and turns as any I've ever read. The basic story is that a former chief deputy county prosecutor is suspected of murering his co-worker/lover, is arrested, and put on trial. The rest you'll just have to read for yourself.

One of things I loved about Scott Turow's book was the names of his characters. Here are a few: Rozat `Rusty' Sabich; Judge Larren Lyttle; Carolyn Polhemus; `Painless' Kumagai {the medical examiner}; Nico Della `Delay' Guardia; Detective `Lip' Lipranzer; Tommy Molto.

I read that Turow plans to release a sequel to Presumed Innocent {first published in 1990} in May 2010.

First half of the book **1/2
Second half of the book *****

No comments: