Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Book Report: The Other Boleyn Girl

I know people who are huge fans of historical fiction. Usually, I'm not one of them. I always feel like I'd rather be reading a good history book and getting the real story. But! The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory was an exception. The story of the Boleyns, their place in the Tudor Palace as courtiers,the role of women in the 16th century, and the intriguing politics and power of Henry the VIII kept me riveted throughout the 600+ pages. You may think you know the story of Anne Boleyn...but wait until you read this version.

4 1/2 stars.

P.S. Reading The Other Boleyn Girl did lead me on a search for a good history book on Henry VIII's life.

2 comments:

shoeaddict said...

I agree with this 100%. I'm not a usual fan of historical fiction because usually, it bores me. This book did not at all. I loved it. Have you read any of her other books?

Kathryn said...

Haven't read any others, but I heard they're good. I hope they're not as long.