Tuesday, February 24, 2009

“I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. However...I have humility enough to confess my errors." Mahatma Ghandi

I know you all think I'm quite talented and all. But...dum de dum dum...I had to go to knitting jail today at the Knitty Couture shop. You may remember I'm taking a knitting class on hats and have designed my own chapeau. Well, I was just knitting away last night when I suddenly realized I was doing everything all wrong. "T" my instructor audibly gasped when she saw what I'd done, but she took it all out and got me started off on the right foot again.

Watching T unravel and fix my error calmly and methodically was a great lesson for me. When I try to fix a mistake I get so knotted up {sorry for the pun}I feel like I'm deactivating a nuclear warhead. I'm going to work on that.

It's good to be humbled sometimes, huh?

BTW, did you know the term to "unknit" a mistake is "tink"? {Knit backwards, get it?}

No comments: