Monday, January 5, 2009

Officially an old lady

I ran across an article today that listed the fashion trends for Spring 09. I may not be the trendiest person in the world, but I like to keep up with what's happening. Well, I think 2009 is the year I officially move into old lady category. Read this list. I can't wear this stuff. I don't even think I want to wear it. I know you don't want to see me wearing it.

2009 Fashion Trends


Strong 80s flair.

I lived through the eighties and it was one of the worst decades--ever--for fashion. Legwarmers, parachute pants, Reebok hi-tops, jelly shoes, acid washed jeans...80s and flair do not belong in the same sentence.

Maxi Dresses.

No. I'm only 5'2". I'd look like Ma from Little House on the Prairie.

Suits.

Okay. Boring, but okay.

Cropped military jackets.

No. Too Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for me.

Floppy pants and baggy bottoms.

No. I already have a baggy bottom, I don't need any floppy pants to help me out there.



Zipper accents.

Nothing uglier than an aging, blonde, biker babe.







Rompers and jumpsuits.

This is a joke, right?

Single shouldered tops.

Maybe.

The exposed midriff.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Fringing.

Maybe {as long as I don't move into Annie Oakley territory}


Daytime sparkle.

A little too Miami Beach for my taste.


Bikinis.

Hahahahahahaha




More gladiators.


Hate them on anyone other that Russell Crowe.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm with you completely...there isn't much on that list I would wear either!

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

Jessica said...

I must disagree with you here.
Rare....I know.
Some of these trends for 2009 are quite do-able.

Okay......Let me go thru the list....

Maxis---BIG trend for spring. I have lots on order, so as far as I am concerned.....these look great on anyone. Buy at Dillards, please.
Seriously.....a maxi is just a fun name for a long dress.
that's it. They come in many necklines, many details, many fabrics, etc...etc....
I might make it a goal to find one...just for you!

(I am skipping the ones I don't like)

Zipper accents---I love, love the exposed zipper. I think that you should re-think this one. It can be super cute on the right jacket, dress..etc.

Single shoulder straps---already a big hit....try it.

The exposed midriff---just kidding....very tacky.

Fringing---only on boots....and must be worn with something quite plain. Can be very, very cute! I promise.

Bikini---you can totally pull this one off!!

Gladiators---This one is a tough one. I think It depends on HOW gladiator the sandal is. Can be cute paired with a maxi dress.....right?

Thats all I got---xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Kathyrn, how about a zippered bikini with gladiators? And then you could wear the baggy/floppy pants and mid driff shirt over them until you get to the beach?
KT

Kathryn said...

Okay. I am willing to try the zippers (not with a bikini, Karen), fringing on boots, and maybe a maxi if my oh-so-fashion-conscious-Dillards-buyer-cousin will point me in the right direction. PLEASE do not make it look like a mu-mu. Make that moo-moo.

Posh And Trendy Living Frugal said...

I'm with you.. I wouldn't wear anything that you listed.. I'll just stick with my jeans and tee shirts.

Jessica said...

I've got it under control---
you are soooo taken care of!
I WOULD NEVER let you wear a mooooo-moooooo!