Monday, January 19, 2009

Dear Barack-star,


In the words of Winston Churchill, "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.”

With all my heart I wish you the greatest success in your presidency. I hope under your leadership our country finds greater peace, prosperity, and a truly civil discourse that has been sorely lacking in my lifetime. I pray that rather than pursuing a policy of wholesale change, you use your God given oratory skills to create an overall vision of excellence we as Americans can look to with pride. Excellence in our entrepreneurial spirit. Excellence in innovation. Excellence in adventure. Excellence in the humanities and business and tolerance and religious freedom and education and health care, and, well, excellence in all things that brought those very first settlers to the continent.

Barack-star I also hope that you'll foster an environment of true collaboration. Not just collaboration with the people who agree with you and support you, but collaboration with people who have just as strongly held viewpoints--albeit on the other side.

As a believer in prayer, {"The fervent prayer of a righteous man is very powerful," (James 5: 16)}, I promise to pray for you everyday you're in office. I pray that you'll have wisdom in pursuing the change that will lead our country in the right direction.

Now, go get 'em.

No comments: