Monday, December 22, 2008

Wrapping up the year


Time for an "Eight in Oh-Eight" resolution update.

Completed:
1)Take golf lessons.
2)Pay cash.
3)Learn to knit.
4)Make a trip to Italy.
5)Have 8 dinner parties: Easter; paella with Ed & Nancy, Rodney & Amanda, Paul & Alicia; 3rd Annual Ribfest; ice cream social wedding shower for Melissa & Quain (not really a dinner party, but I'm counting it); Labor Day BBQ with family; beef tenderloin with Jayson, John & Cindy, Sean & Wendy; Kingsley & Diana, Audrey & Rick; cheese and wine with the girls and Joey; and our Sunday night church buddies for a Christmas celebration. If you're counting...that's 9.
6)Learn Italian.

Not completed:
1)Try 8 news restaurants: So far...Monarch, Revival, La Gra, Rasoi, and Wapango. Five down. Three to go. (Only counting new restaurants in our own city)
2)Go to 8 movies. We've seen seven.

Dinner and a movie. And dinner. And dinner. That sounds good.

6 comments:

Joey said...

Are you counting the five movies we saw in one day? Or do these have to be movies you saw with the hubby?

Kathryn said...

I am counting those five. Now I have a dilemma. I want to do the marathon again, so I don't want to see any movies that could be nominated for an Academy Award. I really have to think about which movie to go to. We've only been to two others without the marathon. Pathetic.

Joey said...

I've decided to see "Milk" (maybe while I'm off), but it's a movie I won't mind seeing again if it's nominated. Aside from that, I'm going to hold off on seeing movies that I think will be nominated. I'm going to wait for the nominations to come out and then see only movies that are not nominated for Best Picture, but feature nominated performances. I just looked it up: nominations will be announced on 1/22. The cereomony will be held on 2/22. I guess that means the marathon will happen on Saturday, 2/21.

Kathryn said...

Putting it on my calendar now.

shoeaddict said...

I want to go with ya'll!

Kathryn said...

Come on SA and bring our little Lesli with you.