Tuesday, November 18, 2008

{yawn} My insomnia is back {yawn}

I'm losing sleep over my insomnia again. Yep. After a couple of months of sleeping soundly through the night, I'm back to tossing and turning, waiting for the land of Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod to welcome me home.

Good things about insomnia:
I get to use the Itty Bitty Book Light I got for Christmas two years ago.
My ideas all sound brilliant at 3am.
Watching an episode of The Shield twice makes the plot clearer.
When I finally do fall asleep, my dreams are always more interesting and more vivid.
I plan out my next day over and over and over.
If I get hungry there's a grocery store that's open 24 hours nearby.
I come up with my best party ideas when I'm trying to fall asleep.
It's very quiet.

Bad things about insomnia:
I wake up looking like a panda bear.
My eyes feel like sandpaper in the morning.
I'm always a little dreamy/foggy the day after a sleepless night.
Feeling overwhelmed leads to insomnia which leads to feeling overwhelmed which leads to insomnia.
The work week feels really, really long.

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep."

No comments: