Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We're celebrating!

It's my blog's one year anniversary. Isn't that fun? In the last year, more than 24,000 visitors have stopped by. Of 536 posts, your favorite was The BEST Tomato Soup recipe. The most referrals come from my friend Ed's blog: It Happened In The Fall Of 1956 and my cousin Jennifer's blog: Texas Wife and Mom. The most visitors from google searches are people looking for info on Jason Castro (??) the American Idol contestant with the dreadlocks.

In the last 12 months we've read books, reviewed movies, travelled, learned how to knit, cooked a little, eaten a lot, practiced some Italian, survived the election, watched reality TV, partied, prayed, and mourned the loss of some precious folks. I've made new friends, developed closer friendships with old friends, stayed in touch with friends who've moved away, laughed with (and at) my family that's flung from sea to shining sea.

Thanks for making this so fun and thanks for reading!

Leave me a comment before Friday at 6:00pm and you're eligible for a special anniversary gift!

8 comments:

Hanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanna said...

Your blog was sent to me through Google Alerts because I've tagged the name Jason Castro. :) If you're curious as to who he is, just go to his Official site http://www.jasoncastromusic.com/ and drop into the Cafe to chat. Or visit his MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/jasoncastromusic

Ed. Tritschler said...

Kathryn
Nancy tried your weight Watchers Apple cake recipe and it was
"GOOD"!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't need a gift - I just want to tell you that I'm glad you blog so regularly - even your little short notes can give me a smile or be thought provoking. Thank you for sharing your wit and little pieces of your life with all of us blogger reader folks. Happy 1st Anniversary and keep it up. Ann

Joey said...

Thanks for getting me hooked on blogging... even if my blog DID turn out to be R-rated! It's so much fun! You need to share you secrets for getting so many people to stop by. I did the Digg thing for a while, but I got tired of taking that extra step. Maybe there's a shortcut I don't know about.

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary!! We love your blog!!

Liza's Eyeview said...

I'm a little bit late (oh I'm always late in real life too) - belated happy bloggyversary!

Jessica said...

congrats on your 1 yr anniversary!
I forget to comment--but, I read it every single day!
It is a treat to come home and cozy up on the couch and catch up with you and Jenn!!!