Monday, October 27, 2008

A little blog love

Look what my cousin Jennifer gave me!! I'm so excited. Click here for her blog Texas Wife & Mom.

The deal is I have to name four of my favorite blogs (so hard to choose). The first three people who respond back to me and promise to "pay it forward", will receive a gift. Love it.

So here are just four of my favorite blogs:

Love is Blonde: I love how she describes herself as "stradding a fine line between blonde bombshell and crazy cat lady." That's how I think of myself (except without the cats).

I Am Not My Hair: I love Kalisa's observations and writing. Our politics couldn't be farther apart, but her opinions are always well thought out and I respect her.

And then there's Lesli at Pretty Random Thoughts. Lesli and I have never met, but I think of her as a friend. I love her smiling face and the chipper little comments she leaves me. Plus, I grew up with two pug dogs and she has one named Noodles.

Finally, my pal Ed at It Happened in the Fall of 1956. Ed turned the big 7-0 this year and in honor of that blockbuster birthday he's doing 70 things he's never done before and taking us all along on the journey via his blog. We've been to state parks and poker tournaments and car races and kayaking and engineering a zoo train. Ed reminds me that it's great to try new things, take chances, and live life with gusto.

Read on and leave me some comments!




P.S. My favorite R-rated blog is most definitely Joey's Life or Something Like It. Read at your own risk--nothing is sacred.

5 comments:

Lesli said...

Oh, thanks, Kathryn! That truly touched me. I was worried we might be not be pals anymore because I heart Obama. This was so very sweet of you. And, you might like this, I am married to a Republican! (And we are very happily married)

xoxo
Lesli

Lesli said...

p.s. I am going to pay it forward. :)

Ed. Tritschler said...

Thank you,Kathryn I feel like I have been selected to the all star team,This really has been a fun year.I need to come up with a challenge for 09 and would love to have some suggestions but maybe not as ambitous as the seventy.
I will pay it forward but it will take a few days.
Thanks
Ed.

Jenn said...

Love it and your blog!!

shoeaddict said...

I'm thrilled to go and "meet" Ed! Thanks for telling us about him.