Thursday, April 10, 2008

American Idol Results--Shock And Aussie

As a reminder...
My top 3: David Archuleta, Kristy Lee Cook (horse-loving blonde), Jason Castro
My bottom 3: Carly Smithson, David Cook, Brooke White (sweet blonde)

My prediction: Carly Smithson is packing her bags

I skipped past the recap of last night's 2 1/2 hour show, past the blah, blah, past the Up With People segment.

Brooke (Sweet blonde) comes out in her lucky cowboy boots and immediately puts one in her mouth by making some comment before the results about being on next week's show...unfortunately, she's safe.

David Cook, front and center,is rightfully nervous. He's safe.

Pageant boy little Davey Archuleta is next. He's safe and his dad is thrilled.

Jordin Sparks performs. There's so much reverb it sounds like she's singing in a really big shower.

Jason Castro is up. He's safe.

Kristy Lee Cook (horse-loving blonde) looks like a million bucks and she's safe.

Syesha Mercado, Michael Johns, and tattooed Carly Smithson are in the bottom 3.

I can't tell if Carly looks nervous or just supremely ticked off. Randy thinks it's a surprising bottom 3. Paula says America got it partly right, but doesn't tell us which part we got right. Simon says America has a connection with him. I guess that means he agrees with the bottom 3. Can't say I think Michael Johns belongs there, but my love for him could be coloring my opinion.

Shock! Michael Johns is eliminated and going home. Hmmmmmmm. Let's think about this. Is anyone worse than Michael Johns? How about Syesha, Carly, Kristy Lee (horse loving blonde), Brooke White (sweet blonde), and Jason Castro to name a few.

Michael Johns (power ranking 1) Song: Dream On
Michael’s had two fabulous weeks. He’s been able to straddle the humble-but-hot line successfully. He doesn’t seem quite as calculating has our old bud Constantine, which makes him even more appealing. Michael’s found his niche with his recent blues/soul vibe. I hope he sticks with it, but I'm afraid he sees himself as a rocker. Yep. I was right. We have the rocker Michael tonight and he's not nearly as good as the last two weeks. I'm still in love, though. Randy says there were some pitch problems and he doesn't see our Aussie as an Aerosmith type rocker. For the first time, Michael turns me off by arguing with Randy. Paula looks naked and talks about her chihuahuas. Hmmmm. She likes it. The song I mean. Simon thinks it was a good performance, but he also doesn't like Michael as a rocker--he, too, prefers him in the R&B world. Not bad.


Robbed. He was robbed I say!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I was totally shocked, too....I just kept saying, "oh, my word....I can't believe that they actually voted him off." I think Aaron was tired of it by bedtime. But when you think of it, it makes sense...he has no real "American" fan base. All of Kristy Cook's hometown shuts down to get on the phones and call in for her. What town does that for Michael Johns? Poor guy was robbed in a popularity contest.