Wednesday, March 26, 2008

American Idol Top 10 Results: Take It Easy, Chikezie Ezie

Random thoughts on American Idol and tonight’s elimination show…

I don’t think the addition of the `mosh pit’ to the set has been an improvement. I’m sick of all the arm waving down front.

Chikezie [Eze] is the most inconsistent contestant. One week he’s great, one week he’s barely listenable.

Syesha may have sounded better than usual, but she’s still no Gladys Knight.

Brooke White (Sweet Blonde)
obviously had no clue that “Every Step You Take” is a stalker song, not a ballad. Stylistically it was all wrong.

I think the stress of the competition is getting to Little David and Tattoo Girl Carly.

If Carly’s voted off she may have a nervous breakdown right there, live, on the stage. She seems very tense and desperate. I don’t think her being voted off is out of the realm of possibility either. Those unattractive, angry expressions are probably making a lot of people besides me uncomfortable.

Now—on to the eliminations.

Here are my predictions:
Top 3: Michael Johns, David Cook, David Archuleta (reluctantly)
Bottom 3: Ramiele Malubay, Chikezie [Eze], Brooke White (sweet blonde)
Could be going home: Ramiele Malubay, Chikezie [Eze], Carly Smithson, Kristy Lee Cook (horse-loving blonde)
Going home: Ramiele Malubay

Ryan’s going to call each kid out to the stage individually. Chikezie [Eze] is first up and just that quick he’s on one of the three stools of impending doom.

Brooke White (sweet blonde) skips out to center stage, butterflies flying around her sweet head, and immediately starts talking. Ryan interrupts to tell her she’s safe.

Tattoo Girl Carly comes out looking particularly goth tonight, her big arm tattoo center stage. She looks absolutely terrified. Carly lets us in on her big news—she’s not pregnant. Like I said, too many potatoes. Ryan tells her she’s safe and she reacts like I will when I’m led through the pearly gates. Priorities girl, priorities.

I missed it…or rather my Direct TV missed it (there’s a thunderstorm here)…but Syesha is in the bottom 3. And our little boy in the bubble David Archuleta is safe.

David Cook is also apparently safe. My Direct TV is back, but it’s doing that weird mosaic thing it does in storms, still I can make out through the pixels that David Cook is walking to the safe side.

I insist on watching Kimberly Locke because I love her. She looks and sounds awesome. I want her hair and makeup artist. I’m so proud of her.

Ramiele Malubay, still sporting the Flashdance look, is next. Ramiele definitely was one of the worst singers last night--and has been week in and week out, but once again her fan base voted for her and kept her safe.

Jason Castro and Kristy Lee Cook (Horse-loving blonde) walk out together. For the first time Kristy Lee (Horse-loving blonde) is safe and Jason is in the bottom three. Jason staggers around until Ryan points the way to the stools of doom.

So Syesha, Chikeze [Eze], and Jason are lined up. Jason is safe, leaving Syesha and Chikezie [Eze] to sweat it out through the commercial break. Syesha is safe. Our beloved Chikezie [Eze] is headed home. A very somber tattoo girl Carly gives him a well-deserved standing ovation.

And that’s a wrap.

No comments: